Secrets to Die For (A Detective Jackson Mystery)

Secrets to Die For (A Detective Jackson Mystery) - L.J. Sellers This is the second in the series of police procedurals by L.J. Sellers. She has based these books around Eugene, Oregon, with gruff, good-hearted Detective Jackson as her protagonist. Sellers has a gift for creating a compelling narrative that swiftly moves the reader through the plot without a lot of fluff. The story plays out just as a good police investigation. There are red herrings, blind alleys, and department politics to contend with. The book reads like an episode of Law and Order, complete with a few moral lessons along the way. Such as...

SEMI-SPOILER ALERT: In "The Sex Club," we learned to keep a sharp eye on our children, and to avoid extremist religious viewpoints with an unbending moral code. Here, in "Secrets to Die For," we continue the theme of broken parent/child relationships with children withholding things about themselves from their parents. In both these first two novels, the fanatical parents wind up bringing great harm to their children through their misbegotten actions. Karma is tough in Sellers' universe!